• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Share your favorite ways to prepare your harvests: Tropical smoothies, canning fruit and vegetables, where to find exotic fruits, cooking with fruits and vegetables

white sapotes.

Postby Oolie » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:13 pm

Oolie
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: sunset 23
i've been trying new ways of consuming these, i like adding cinnamon to them, it reminds me of putting cinnamon on vanilla ice cream as a child.

my mother squeezed some lemon on them and it was great, it was like a lemon cream pudding or pie. and an interesting detail, when mixing in the lemon, the pale white flesh of the fruit became yellow.

i'll follow up with any more successes i have, as this seems ripe with potential.

Re: white sapotes.

Postby Rafael » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Rafael

Climate Zone: Sunset zone 15, USDA zone 9b
Have you tried subbing these in for mashed banana in a banana bread recipe? I bet it would be good but the fruit isn't starchy in the same way so I'm wondering what the result would be like.

Re: white sapotes.

Postby Oolie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:40 pm

Oolie
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: sunset 23
seems like it would be worth a try. i'm thinking unripe ones could be cooked like an unripe banana.

Return to Food and Recipes

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:34 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login