Search the Archives

Looking for old avocado varieties

Looking for old avocado varieties

I'm from Florida and looking for old avocado varieties.

Alma
Cardinal
Collinred
Dunedin
Edmonds
Family
Peacock
Queen
Rader
Spinks
Steffani
Yon
Kilgore Special

Some of these are popular in the Philippines, but are no longer grown here. Any help would be appreciated.

The following thread was started by CPeterson on July 29, 2010 at 6:19 pm PST

old avocado varieties

Queen is around in the trade, have not heard about the others. How about Murietta Green, Puebla, and Nimlioh that have a great history?

The above followup was added by Jack, Nipomo on July 30, 2010 at 10:55 am PST.

Golden

I just picked up a Golden variety from Top Tropical. Might be ready to trade some wood in a year or so. Not sure of the history, but supposed to be cold hardy. Tree came from Wauchula, FL. Small town in Central Florida. I'm from this town and have never heard of it, so I'm a little skeptical. TT doesn't say if it is A or B. So we will see what happens.

The above followup was added by CPeterson on August 06, 2010 at 8:04 am PST.

Please note that you are viewing posts from the vintage Cloudforest forum. These are un-moderated posts made by un-registered users. Every effort has been made to clean up the old archives, but we cannot guarantee the contents. If you find an offensive post, please bring it to our attention and we will remove it.

It is not possible to post to the old archives. If you wish to follow up on one of the posts in the archives, please make a reference of the post URL and start a new topic in the Fruits, Rare Fruits and Exotics forum.

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:23 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login