Search the Archives

Oca Seed Tubers

Oca Seed Tubers

I have recently harvested my oca and have a lot of seed tubers available. Please e-mail me if you are interested. I really enjoy the tubers roasted as a side dish to meat like lamb, roast beef etc.

The following thread was started by Michael, Pacifica, z17 on January 27, 2008 at 1:33 pm PST

I'd really like a few

What a beautiful crop! I'd like to try a few for my Lafayette garden. Please email me at subuch-at-pipeline-dot-com. Thank you for your gracious offer.

The above followup was added by Merbert on January 27, 2008 at 2:14 pm PST.

I'm interested

I'm interested. I sent you an email.
Terry

The above followup was added by Terry on February 04, 2008 at 5:39 pm PST.

I wold like to try growing some oca

Thanks if you can send me some

The above followup was added by John on February 16, 2008 at 8:13 pm PST.

I would love some oca tubers, please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, please!! I have a small organic fruits/herbs/flowers/veggies farm in Illinois. I planted oca for the first time last year and had a small harvest. Oca seed tubers are so hard to find/purchase so I would LOVE some of yours!!! Please reply to taxman@sprintpcs.com THANK YOU!!!

The above followup was added by Teri Klick on February 22, 2008 at 6:17 am PST.

I'd really like some oca

I'm a paleoethnobotanist and I study the ancient use of plants by people. I need some oca for my comparative collection. After tasting some in Ecuador last year, I also find then really tasty and would like to grow some in my garden - they will do very well in our short cool summers here in Calagary, Canada.

The above followup was added by Sonia Zarrillo on March 02, 2008 at 12:57 am PST.

I would love to try some in my garden!

If you still have some to spair I would love to try and grow them in my garden. I live in Vancouver, WA. You can e-mail me at Acheck@excite.com

Thanks,
Anton

The above followup was added by Anton Check on April 16, 2008 at 10:33 pm PST.

Oca

I would love to get some oca if you still have any to spare. I am from New Zealand and have NZ friends here in Michigan and we would love to try and grow some and enjoy a taste of home. We grew up eating it and haven't found it here in the States.

The above followup was added by Ingrid on May 11, 2008 at 11:46 am PST.

I'd really like some, please

I'd really like some of your oca tubers. I've been looking for a source that will mail to Canada but have not been successful.

Please contact me if you have any left.

Thanks so much !

The above followup was added by Francis Chow on May 15, 2008 at 10:48 am PST.

An ancient staple that's so hard to find

I am moving very soon, so I don't have a mailing address, but do you know where I can order enough oca to plant a bed? Also, is it possible to save seeds or do they only reproduce with tubers? I want to grow my own and share with others, and maybe breed for flavor.

The above followup was added by mfciam on July 23, 2008 at 2:14 pm PST.

Any left?

Those oca look great. Any idea whether they would grow in Texas? If you still have any seed tubers left, I'd love to try them. Thanks!

The above followup was added by LocoPorOca on August 24, 2008 at 2:15 pm PST.

Please note that you are viewing posts from the vintage Cloudforest forum. These are un-moderated posts made by un-registered users. Every effort has been made to clean up the old archives, but we cannot guarantee the contents. If you find an offensive post, please bring it to our attention and we will remove it.

It is not possible to post to the old archives. If you wish to follow up on one of the posts in the archives, please make a reference of the post URL and start a new topic in the Fruits, Rare Fruits and Exotics forum.

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:15 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login