Search the Archives

Fruit thinning in mango

Fruit thinning in mango

Is fruit thinning required in mango?
If yes, at which stage?
By which way?
Chemical/manual/mechanical way?
It may be useful in bunch bearing varieties.
Have you any experience?
Please share.

The following thread was started by Dushyant Mishra on February 05, 2008 at 2:18 am PST

fro what I have read

on younger trees many people thin fruits or remove them completely if the tree is very young. A gentleman in Florida reccomends thinning after the fruit has set and grown some. If it is done to close to bloom time some trees reflower. Because his trees are still smal, he thins by hand. If the trees are mature, thinnig would produce less fruit but in theory they would be larger and perhaps of higher quality.

once again, thiis is just from what I've read, my mango trees are very young.

good luck,
-Ethan

The above followup was added by Ethan-Bakersfield CA 9/9 on February 21, 2008 at 11:30 am PST.

Please note that you are viewing posts from the vintage Cloudforest forum. These are un-moderated posts made by un-registered users. Every effort has been made to clean up the old archives, but we cannot guarantee the contents. If you find an offensive post, please bring it to our attention and we will remove it.

It is not possible to post to the old archives. If you wish to follow up on one of the posts in the archives, please make a reference of the post URL and start a new topic in the Fruits, Rare Fruits and Exotics forum.

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:25 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login