• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum for growing rare fruits, edibles and Permaculture with a focus on tropicals.

Cherimoya success Soquel

Postby matt » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:19 am

matt

Climate Zone: 17
Just ate my first homegrown cherimoya from the garden on Main St. in Soquel, ca.
It was delicious and had very few seeds. It was a very nice size and filled my open palm. Plants were from a seedling crop from luen of Monterey Bay Nursery. Many fruit still ripening on the trees. Awesome!

Re: Cherimoya success Soquel

Postby Ben » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:13 pm

Ben
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: NZ Z10
Good one Matt.

I'll be interested to see how you feel about them in 10 years time. My experience is that most people love them to start with, get to the point that one a year is about right, then stop eating them alltogether. I've got about 50 trees, I give away a lot, think about selling some, but most just end up falling onto the ground and seeding. Cherimoya is the single easiest fruit tree to grow here it seems, the only one that thrives with no water, no mulch, no weeding, no feeding. Just wish I still liked them!

Return to Rare Fruits, Edibles and Permaculture with a focus on tropicals

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:50 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login