• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum for growing fruits and rare tropical and temperate fruits, and tending our orchards

How do you like serenade?

Postby Bfreeman » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Bfreeman

Climate Zone: Sunset 23
Ive always used copper or daconil during growth and sometimes sulfur dormant. With less then desired results on leaf spots and fruit rot type problems. Thinking of trying the serenade finally, probably not dormant spray tho... Thanks for any pointers!

Re: How do you like serenade?

Postby Jeff (Woodland) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Jeff (Woodland)
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Sunset 8
My wife works for Agraquest (the company that makes serinade), so i am not exactly objective.... But i will provide my 2 cents anyway.

I use Serinade on cucurbits to control powdery mildew, and on stone fruit to prevent peach leaf curl and brown rot.

It seems quite efective.
I use copper spray when the trees are dormant, but I apply Serinade after bud break a couple of times during the spring.

It definately helps with the leaf curl, and I think it also helps with brown rot, althogh I dont have consistant problems with it so its hard to say.

Jeff

Re: How do you like serenade?

Postby Axel » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Axel
Site Admin

Climate Zone: sunset 15/USDA 9b
I am a big user of serenade, i also found it to be quite effective. I use lime sulfur during dormancy but I switch to serenade on sulfur sensitive foliage like apricots and some apple varieties. But I use mainly sulfur on brown rot.

I highly recommend it. You can buy it at specialty nurseries, and the stuff lasts a long time. But I bought a big bag in bulk. You can make your own too, you just need to use a little serenade as a starter in a mix of nutrients.

Basically, serenade is compost tea, but with specially selected bacterias that produce anti-fungal agents. None of the bacteria are genetically engineered.

Return to Fruits, Rare Fruits, Orchards and Exotics

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:49 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login