• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Another Hello from San Diego!

Postby RichardT » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:37 pm

RichardT

Climate Zone: 10a Sunset 24
Hi All,

My name is Richard, and I am living in the western Carmel Valley area of San Diego. I have had the tropical fruit bug for many years, but since I sold my home in the east county and left all my previous plantings there I am starting over with a new microclimate and a much smaller yard!

One of my main interests is to see just what might grow in my location, usually with minimal to no protection from the elements other than the location where they are planted. So far I my experiments include numerous Eugenia and Garcinia sp. three Autocarpus sp., Spondias, Mycaria, Pouteria Nephelium and a number of oddities from the Zingiber family.

In addition, I have a few Mango, Lychee Longan and Guava plants as well as the usual assortment of stone fruits.

I look forward to exchanging experiences with others on pushing the limits of where plants might grow.

Richard

Re: Another Hello from San Diego!

Postby Jason (palo alto) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:24 pm

Jason (palo alto)
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Z17, 9b
Welcome. Awesome start, you have a good location and are in a great position to grow all of those things. Lots of good tropical nurseries nearby.

Re: Another Hello from San Diego!

Postby RodneyS » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:50 pm

RodneyS
Cloudforest Guru

Climate Zone: USDA Zone 11a
Greetings, Richard!

Lots of nurseries in your area where you can purchase fruit trees. Your new yard will soon be filled to capacity with all your purchases.

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:06 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login