• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Been awhile, but hello again from San Diego!

Postby Forrest » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Forrest

Climate Zone: Sunset Zone 24
Just wanted to say hi, I went away for nearly 3 years and forgot all about fruit trees, but I have returned to northern San Diego and have rediscovered my passion for growing plants and edible things! I used to visit this site often, it sure has changed! A lot more members, a great new layout, awesome job Axel.

I am here in zone 24, right on the beach in a town called Del Mar (right by the racetrack) and wishing I were on a 20 acre lot in zone 23! Rancho Santa Fe or East Montecito will do nicely :)

I love all fruiting things, but am kind of obsessed with fig trees. Daring to plant varieties they say need more heat than my climate zone offers is how I live dangerously, it seems.

Well, I am happy to be back, and I very much appreciate being able to ask (and maybe someday answer) questions with you good people.

Bye for now
Forrest

Re: Been awhile, but hello again from San Diego!

Postby nullzero » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:07 pm

nullzero
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Sunset Zone 21
Welcome to the forums Forrest.

Postby Oolie » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Oolie
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: sunset 23
we have the figs everywhere, how is it that you would ensure good pollination?

Postby RobertS » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:34 am

RobertS
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Sunset zone 17
Welcome back Forrest, as you can tell I don't visit this section to often, Yea east Montecito would be nice maybe next life!!!

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:17 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login