• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Central Florida

Postby Myakka » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:42 am

Myakka

Climate Zone: 9
I live on 5 acres in central Florida.

It all started because my then 2 year old son was delighted with the taste of a loquat from an ornamental (non variety) loquat tree we purchased. Since then we have been transforming what was an old citrus grove into a home for more than 200 varieties of fruiting trees from around the world. We will give anything a chance from up north to the tropics.

While "tropical" it feels a bit sub tropical the past 4 years where temps dipped below freezing for several nights in a row putting an end to many tropicals when we were not prepared. Since then we have learned many ways to keep things like lychees alive even when it gets down to 25 (brrr).

Re: Central Florida

Postby Jason (palo alto) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Jason (palo alto)
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Z17, 9b
Welcome, we look forward to hearing about your plant adventures and swapping knowledge (and plants) with you. :)

Postby Riglpo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:15 pm

Riglpo

Climate Zone: 9B
Myakka, Great to see another Central Floridian on here! I would definitely consider Central FL subtropical myself. What part are you in? I live in Downtown Orlando. I would love to hear more about what you are growing on your property. 5 acres, that must be nice!

Postby macmanmatty » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:57 am

macmanmatty

Climate Zone: 8b
Hello I am from north fl Port st joe area nice to see other florida people on here.

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:14 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login