• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Re: Hi from Sarasota, FL

Postby mommystuff » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:33 pm

mommystuff

Climate Zone: 9b
Hi Jparisi, It's totally for personal use. It's my hobby, my passion. We travel a lot and I always find herb nurseries on our trips. We just returned from a month long trip out west and I visited Pearson's Herb Nursery in San Diego where I purchased about 50 different types of herbs. Last week we were in NC and I visited Sandy Mush Herb Nursery and bought about 60. We also travel out of the country and I always bring back seeds, etc. Locally, my favorite source is the Fruit & Nut Society of Sarasota and the Manatee chapter. They have annual sales that feature numerous vendors from the state. I get a lot of herbs there from B&B. My favorite place to visit is ECHO in Ft Myers. They have a nice selection that varies according to the time of year. If you live locally, I would be more than happy to share cuttings, etc. I live in Sarasota.

Postby Jparisi » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:25 pm

Jparisi

Climate Zone: 10a
Your collection for our area sounds like it trumps most any others I have seen or heard of. I would love to see how you do it and what you have and\or need. Im searching right now for some Pandan but it seems to be pretty elusive. I was about to email D&B nursery but dont know if I can make it to the venice farmers market in time. Search me out on facebook under Joel Parisi and we can see what can be arranged. Do you have a website of your own?

Postby mommystuff » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:29 pm

mommystuff

Climate Zone: 9b
I have photos of my garden on my facebook page, Kelly Costas Schott. The photos are from 5 years ago and I am just now redoing the herb gardens. Most of the large plants are still in place, but I have replaced many of the smaller ones. With the torrential rains, I figured it was time to redo. I have several LARGE panadanus plants that I have been growing for a couple of years. Friend me on facebook and you can see the photos and maybe you can visit some time. Where are you located? I am in Sarasota.

Postby contadinak » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:21 pm

contadinak

Climate Zone: 9
thanks for these recommendations, mommystuff. my parents live in sarasota and my dad has recently taken up gardening. i will have them visit these places. between you and me, his thumb isn't very green. so i'm wondering if you can recommend fruit trees that are really easy/relatively trouble free for sarasota. i would love for him to have a successful experience.

Previous

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:49 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login