• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Hi from a traveller

Postby Keira » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:46 pm

Keira

Climate Zone: 10
Hi there everyone, I live normally in Sweden, but travel quite a bit, and love to discover all these tropical fruits and plants...
I have plans to buy some land + a home somewhere in a warmer (maybe tropical) area, not sure yet which country or continent and to plant lots of fruits trees & herbs.

I am big fan of tropical fruits, and I sometimes keep the seeds from fruits that taste exceptionally nice. I have:
- sugar apple seeds, Philippines, both those with green and purple skin (mixed)
- super nice local papaya from an island in Thailand
- canistel (Sabah, Malaysia, from a bit cooler mountain area)
- soursop from the Philippines, nice and sweet.
(Had lots more, but unfortunately nobody warned me of Australia's very strict laws, and they took my seeds...)
Maybe we could exchange some seeds?...

Re: Hi from a traveller

Postby Keira » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:16 pm

Keira

sorry, I meant to write , not sugar apple seeds, but STAR apple seeds :)

Re: Hi from a traveller

Postby Keira » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:01 am

Keira

When I was in Corfu, an island outside northern west coast of Greece, I found this beautiful fig tree, in an city/area with some old (and some abandoned) nice houses. It was just packed with ripe super sweet, delicious figs, nobody seemed interested (except some birds). I have tried quite a lot of different figs in my life, but these were the best so far... :) I still have seeds from it, they are aprox one year old, (not sure how long they keep?). Here in scandinavia they wouldn't thrive... anyone interested...?

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:46 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login