• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Re: Greetings

Postby Paul-SF » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:18 pm

Paul-SF

Climate Zone: Sunset 17, USDA 10a
Hi barathr,

I tried Frederick, but it died on me after lackluster growth. I really should not have written edulis off so fast as Chuck has a fruiting Black Knight and I believe Nancy Garrison and Red Rover are more cold tolerant than Frederick.

Paul

Postby barathr » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:31 pm

barathr
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: 10a
Hi Paul,

When you say cold tolerant, do you mean a lack of growing / ripening heat, or do you mean winter lows? Because I'm surprised if you're in SF that any such vines would die on you, though if they didn't grow fast that might make more sense.

-Barath

Postby Paul-SF » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:51 pm

Paul-SF

Hi Barath,

Yes, I mean more tolerant of low heat in terms of growth, flowering and ripening. Frost is usually not a major concern in winter. As to why my Frederick died, I don't specifically know, but it certainly was not thriving.

Paul

Postby konan99 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:38 am

konan99

Climate Zone: Sunset zone 15
Thanks guys. I see a wealth of experience and knowledge and thank you for your kindness. I'll follow up shortly.

Tom

Postby Paul-SF » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:08 pm

Paul-SF

Ok, I have some seeds from some fresh P. pinnatistipula fruit that I harvested last week. Send me a PM with your address and I will mail them.

Previous

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:49 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login