• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Hello from Germany

Postby Sven » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:33 am

Sven

Climate Zone: USDA 7b/8a
Hi,
I'm Sven and live between Cologne and the Dutch/Belgium border in "good old" Germany. Primary I grow fruits like figs, kakis (Asian persimmon), jujubes, pawpaws, hardy kiwis and some others.
Additionally I have a few Japanese maples (Acer palmatum) and started to collect sub-varieties of Chamaerops humilis.
Next I'll try to "create" a few multi-variety-apple-trees (I hope it's the right name for what I mean.).
I would like to grow more tropicals and sub-tropicals but I hope to buy a little finca on the Canary Islands for my retirement one day. :mrgreen:

Re: Hello from Germany

Postby RodneyS » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:01 am

RodneyS
Cloudforest Guru

Climate Zone: USDA Zone 11a
Guten Tag & willkomen, Sven!

Postby Axel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:21 am

Axel
Site Admin

Climate Zone: 12b/H2 & 10b/S23
Welcome to the Cloudforest.

I have some good apple recommendations for you if you're going to do those apple multi-grafts: Alkemene, Jacob Fisher, Glocken Apfel, Ruhm Aus Kirchwarder, Geheimrat Dr. Oldenburg, Berner rosen, Transparente von Cronkels, all are fantastic apples from Germany, I grow them here in California and they are winners!
Tropical gardening in both Kaua'i windward Sunset H2/USDA 12b and Fallbrook Sunset 23/USDA 10b.

Postby Sven » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:10 am

Sven

Climate Zone: USDA 7b/8a
Vielen Dank RodneyS.

Of course I'll try those apple multigrafts. I have three vigorous varieties (Gravensteiner red, Holsteiner Cox yellow and Kaiser Wilhelm) on MM111 rootstock to start with and discovered a lot of very promising varieties. The only limiting factor are the number of existing branches.

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:27 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login