• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Hello from NorCal

Postby jnisly » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:58 pm

jnisly

Climate Zone: Sunset zone 14, USDA zone 9b
Hello,
I joined a little while ago, but this is my first post. I'm in the Sacramento area now, grew up in the Midwest, and have spent a bit of time in the subtropical and semitropical areas which has given me and interest in tropical plants. I live in an apartment, with a bit of space in the backyard for vegetables, so that is what is growing right now is mostly winter vegetables such as kale, chard, a tree collard, etc. They have all survived the freeze beautifully, so I'm thankful for that. I do have access to a bit of unheated greenhouse space at work, and I have a small Orinoco banana plant growing there. I would like to get my hands on some babaco cuttings or a small plant and possibly some chamburro for rootstock if anyone knows of a source for those (other than the 4" potted babaco for $30 available online).

Joel

Re: Hello from NorCal

Postby Axel » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Axel
Site Admin

Climate Zone: 12b/H2 & 10b/S23
Welcome. I have chamburro, free, next time you're in the Santa Cruz area, you can come by and dig up some seedlings.
Tropical gardening in both Kaua'i windward Sunset H2/USDA 12b and Fallbrook Sunset 23/USDA 10b.

Re: Hello from NorCal

Postby jnisly » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:53 pm

jnisly

Climate Zone: Sunset zone 14, USDA zone 9b
Sounds good--I'll keep that in mind.

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:03 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login