• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Hello from Oregon.

Postby obeasethug » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:02 am

obeasethug

Climate Zone: USDA zone 8b
Hello, I live in the Willamette Valley, in western Oregon. I grew up on a farm where we had a large variety of fruit trees, and vegetable gardens. I have always enjoyed growing plants from seed. Now that I have my own place but no land, I grow plants inside. Lots of fruits that come from the grocery store, I have grown avocado, pineapple, kiwi, apricot, mango all from store bought fruit. My friend and I have been having competitions on growing our avocados inside and now that we have a collection of plants we were wanting to try to graft some of our plants. Neither of us have ever grafted anything before but we are going to try and see if we can get some fruit indoors.

Re: Hello from Oregon.

Postby RodneyS » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:29 am

RodneyS
Cloudforest Guru

Climate Zone: USDA Zone 11a
Hello obeasethug,
Nice to hear you're a seedling grower. I would do it, but the wait is too long for me.

Postby nullzero » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:18 pm

nullzero
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Sunset Zone 21
Welcome to the forums! I love Oregon, so beautiful and wild up there. I have fond memories from childhood trip of picking tons of wild blackberries from the sides of the roads.

Postby obeasethug » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:10 am

obeasethug

Climate Zone: USDA zone 8b
Thank you, Oregon is beautiful. Blackberries are just a weed here, but the berries are ripe right now wich adds a sweet side to the thorny bushes that are impossible to get rid of.

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:32 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login