• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Hello fruit people

Postby MrClint » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:28 pm

MrClint

Climate Zone: USDA 10
Greetings from Lake Balboa CA. Looking forward to interacting with all of you.

Here's what I've got growing. Everything is in ground except blueberries:
Citrus: Washington Navel, Valencia Orange, Lane Late, Meyer Lemon, Pink Lemonade, Kishu Mandarin, Page Mangarin. Bearss Seedless Lime, Meiwa Kumquat

Apple: Fuji, Pink Lady - Apricot: Royal - Asain Pear: 20th Century - Avocado: Hass - Blueberries: O'Neal, Misty, Sunshine Blue, Jubilee, Emerald

Thornless Boysenberry - Loquat: Big Jim, Champagne - Olive: Arbequina, Arbosana - Fig: Black Jack, Panache, Violette de Bordeaux

Grape: Crimson Seedless - Pomegranate: Angel Red, Wonderful - Pluot: Dapple Dandy, Flavor King, Flavor Grenade - Plum: Burgundy, Beauty

Peach: Babcock, Desert Gold, August Pride - Nectarine: Arctic Star, Goldmine, Double Delight

Strawberry: Quinault, Sequoia, Eversweet, Chandler, Albion, Camarosa, Gaviota

The goal here is to walk outside my door and bring in high-quality fresh fruit any day and every day of the year. So far so good. :)

Re: Hello fruit people

Postby Solko » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Solko

Climate Zone: USDA 9
Welcome Mr. Clint,
it looks like you got a lot of things going and growing already! i hope you may find as much valuable information and friends on this forum as I have.

Good growing!

Solko

Postby Axel » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:39 pm

Axel
Site Admin

Climate Zone: 12b/H2 & 10b/S23
Welcome! I have a lot of what you grow and so far, I have fruit year around.
Tropical gardening in both Kaua'i windward Sunset H2/USDA 12b and Fallbrook Sunset 23/USDA 10b.

Postby MrClint » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:39 pm

MrClint

Climate Zone: USDA 10
Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

I'm bringing in Washington Navels right now that are off-the-hook good. WN are the anchors of my citrus.

The recent cold spell sent me into a panic so I brought in most of the Page Mandarins. I still have a few continuing to sweeten up - wish they were as easy to peel as Kishu.

Looks like I will be "mixing up" another batch of Meyer Lemon Limoncello this weekend. My last batch tasted like lemony, but somewhat enjoyable, kerosene. Will add a bit more sugar this time...

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:40 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login