• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Hello, I'm new here!

Postby Tramman » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:02 pm

Tramman

Climate Zone: USDA Zone 7
Hello from Vancouver Island! We moved here from England last year and will eventually have a proper garden, starting next spring. Until then, we keep collecting plants which are sitting around in pots as although the last thing we need right now are more plants, we keep seeing some we can't resist. At the moment, we are busy building a 40' by 12' lean-to greenhouse against the side of a shipping container, using second hand glazed panels and patio doors, to overwinter everything in. It is a nice change to have a proper hot summer, as opposed to England's coolest summer for 20 years but we've left our cultivated-for-200-years-nice-black-soil for a mixture of silt, sand and rocks. Oh well, we can always improve it and an experimental lasagne type bed has already.given very encouraging results. We hope for less snow and a shorter winter than last year but at least we have a full woodshed to keep us warm.

Re: Hello, I'm new here!

Postby RodneyS » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:51 am

RodneyS
Cloudforest Guru

Climate Zone: USDA Zone 11a
Greetings Tramman. I'd love to visit Canada someday and try the maple syrup on ice.

Which football club do you follow? I'll watch a Man U, Barca & Real Madrid match whenever I get the chance.

Postby Tramman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:02 am

Tramman

Hi Rodney, yes, the maple syrup is good! I never got into soccer, I was more into Rugby football, since I used to live near there.

Postby nullzero » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:02 pm

nullzero
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Sunset Zone 21
Welcome to the forums! Growing any exotic/tropical fruit?

Postby Tramman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:52 pm

Tramman

Thank you! Only some seedlings growing from Ataulfo mango pits. Nice foliage plants, We'll be wanting to grow peaches, nectarines and figs in our greenhouse, if these can be considered exotic. In this climate, they're not that successful outdoors.

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:05 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login