• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Please Welcome hongisto from Penngrove

Postby hongisto » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:19 am

hongisto

Climate Zone: 8
Beginner farmer, gardener etc. in Penngrove; 46 miles north of San Francisco. We're trying to resurrect an old working farm (2 acres) that previously had some fruit and nut trees (just persimmon, pineapple guava, walnuts left)...hoping to plant, graft, propagate dozens of species...starting with basics: apple, plum, cherry, peach, almond (if they can handle adobe soil...) and try our hand with kiwi, avocado, mango, asian pear in the coming years.

We're listed Zone 8 or maybe 8a but finding out the hard way that our microclimate is colder, windier etc. than maps indicate.

Thanks for this educational forum!

Hongisto

Re: Please Welcome hongisto from Penngrove

Postby Axel » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:55 pm

Axel
Site Admin

Climate Zone: 12b/H2 & 10b/S23
Welcome Hongisto. I've never heard of a zone 8b climate this close to San Francisco, so i am sure you are in a much warmer spot than that. Glad to have you onboard. Looking forward to hearing about your farm.
Tropical gardening in both Kaua'i windward Sunset H2/USDA 12b and Fallbrook Sunset 23/USDA 10b.

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:12 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login