• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Howdy from Point Reyes

Postby Jerry » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Jerry

Climate Zone: USDA 10a, Sunset 15
I bought a 1-acre place on the hill above Point Reyes Station (CA) about five years ago, inheriting 9 old apple trees. I've since caught the apple bug myself and will have over thirty trees planted as of next spring. I've a particular interest in Albert Etter's more unusual varieties, and they will be well-represented here.

In addition to the apples, I've found room for peaches, apricots, plums and berries, and we inherited a fig and a huge, wonderful (but as-yet unidentified) yellow plum. In truth, we've only identified about half of the inherited apples thus far.

I expect to top-work a few of the less interesting mature apple trees with additional varieties as I learn how to graft, though I am not so ambitious in this regard as our host.

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:33 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login