• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Re: Introduction

Postby epitree » Fri May 13, 2011 10:08 pm

epitree
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: 9
Sorry about this but I keep thinking of new things to mention one of the reasons I started my website was to get some information out there.Too many sites on epiphytes go on about tying the plant directly on to the naked bark sometimes with the adition of some sphagnum moss This will work in southern florida where you could take an orchid out of its pot ,throw it up into a tree and wherever it stuck it would grow same in the Amazon but humidity is 100 percent and rains every day. Our gardens are not like that Nearly all epiphytes naturally grow in moss and or thick growths of lichen already established on the branch so we need to provide a growing media.. Does this information help
http://www.epiphytetree.com/growingmountingtips.htm

Re: Introduction

Postby Axel » Sat May 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Axel
Site Admin

Climate Zone: 12b/H2 & 10b/S23
Thanks. I will try this out. Knowing which ones stand a chance of success in dryer conditions is a big step towards success.
Tropical gardening in both Kaua'i windward Sunset H2/USDA 12b and Fallbrook Sunset 23/USDA 10b.

Previous

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:38 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login