• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

a late hello!!

Postby jordenr » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:56 pm

jordenr

Climate Zone: 6
Ok first my real name is jorden the reason me username is dragon peach is because I grow vine peaches and dragon toungue beans its also because I have an insane attraction to the dragonfruit cactus. I only grow garden style fruits and vegatables but I'm trying my hand at tropicals. Things I would like to try include in my garden are dragon fruit, goumi, capulin cherries, and passion vines. What do you guys like to grow

Re: a late hello!!

Postby nullzero » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:42 am

nullzero
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Sunset Zone 21
Dragonpeach,

Welcome to the forums! I like growing the same kind of things, I have it easy out here in SoCal for growing the tropicals and frost tender plants. However, most of the plants are in containers.

Some of my favorite fruits; Pomegranate, Prickly Pear, Kiwi, Mango, Raspberries, Apples, Persimmons, and Lychees. I grow all those and more.... been branching out into tea herb plants and fruiting cacti as well.

Postby Violet Cactus » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:13 pm

Violet Cactus

Climate Zone: Australia Zone 3
Hi Jordan, I love growing dragon fruits too. They actually bear fruit in my climate even though we get pretty cold winters. I am so keen on my dragon fruits that I've just installed a greenhouse specially for them, to keep the rain off during winter. Getting wet when the weather is cold is the worst thing for my dragon fruits because they rot.
By vine peaches do you mean those peaches that have red flesh?

Postby jordenr » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:10 pm

jordenr

Vine peahes are actually a melon which is annual the fruit when ripe tastes like mango mixed with peaches

Postby Violet Cactus » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:56 pm

Violet Cactus

Climate Zone: Australia Zone 3
Thanks for that info. I've now looked them up on Google. They look delicious.

Postby jordenr » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:36 pm

jordenr

I'm limited to a few months of growing season but I just placed an order for stevia miracle fruit and dragon fruit so that'll be the start to my tropical garden

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:05 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login