• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

New Issaquah Wa resident - Hello community!

Postby ryan christensen » Thu May 24, 2012 3:52 pm

ryan christensen

Climate Zone: 6-7
Hello Cloudforest,

I just stumbled on this community and am so pleased. I have been a zone stretcher for a long time but that was in Utah where I grew up. We moved to Washington because we needed a lush environment. I have yet to put in tropicals but will still include some of the pictures from the yard, as well as some from pics from my old Utah garden. I have some nice bamboo and a summer chocolate mimosa but other than that not too much weird stuff.

I am hoping to hook up with fellow plant dorks and see some great gardens. I do metal fabrication, design work, artwork, and am always looking to trade or network with other fellow serial hobbyists.

Looking foreward to growing here!

-Ry

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: New Issaquah Wa resident - Hello community!

Postby emegar » Fri May 25, 2012 8:17 am

emegar

Climate Zone: USDA zone 10a (per 2012 map!)
Ryan,

You have an incredibly beautiful garden, there. What a difference lots and lots of rain makes! Welcome.

James

Re: New Issaquah Wa resident - Hello community!

Postby ryan christensen » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:09 pm

ryan christensen

Climate Zone: 6-7
Hey there,

It has been some time since I signed up, and forgot about this site. Since then I have taken on some pretty cool acquisitions. I will post a few shots from my garden. I am unable to create private messages because I am such a noob on the board. Hopefully this will help... : )

Check out this wire and fabric planter I made for my Phyllostachys aurea bamboo.

This is a 14 gauge 24 inch steel cube planter I made with a 20 footer inside...

Here is a panoramic shot from my deck of the shoot. It is one of my favorites because of how separate the branching is.

I made this wall garden from old wood removed from the house that was no longer needed.

Here's a cute girl next to a 1st year musa basjoo

Here's us trying to decide where to put the spectabilis I traded for:

Here's some chusquea gigantea I just put in. It is one of my favorites... You can see some Phyllostachys aureosulcata in the background.

Imagephoto 6

I should have some more pics soon! If you live nearby and have some cool stuff to trade let me know and I will send you some of the interesting things I have to offer.

All the best,
Ry

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:11 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login