• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Hi, I'm new!

Postby katiemae » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:52 am

katiemae

Climate Zone: Sunset Zone 7
Hi,
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is katiemae and i am in my second year of serious flower and vegetable garden. I live in Santa Cruz and have tended a plot in the Jade Street Park Community Garden with veggies, flowers and some melons for fruit. I just moved up to Lompico and now am in a Redwood Forest. I am really excited about living in a different area. I have full sun so will do a regular fall vegetable garden in raised beds. I really want to fix up the rest of the property with native plants and flowers. Any advice? I'll be checking in regularly, gardening has literally saved my life and keeps me sane. 8-)

Re: Hi, I'm new!

Postby RodneyS » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:20 am

RodneyS
Cloudforest Guru

Climate Zone: USDA Zone 11a
Hello Katiemae.

Greetings & salutations from the Cloudforest. What's in your garden now?

Re: Hi, I'm new!

Postby Riglpo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Riglpo

Climate Zone: 9B
Welcome Katiemae! Can't wait to hear about your expansions there. Ah, I remember when I first moved into my place with a then empty yard: that is a great time ;-) One thing I recommend doing at that stage is a broad scale site design, an aerial view for instance, identifying warmer spots, cooler spots, lower spots, higher spots, etc. then filling in the drawing with your wildest ideas of what you would like to have. This gives you great insight into your property (though chances are your yard will change drastically from this drawing anyways!)

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:33 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login