• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

New to the Cloudforest

Postby MegaMav » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:47 pm

MegaMav

Climate Zone: 5a
Interesting site you have here Axel.
I like the Wiki/Forum/Chat combo as I run a website with the same combination of features.

About me:

im in my early 30's, live in upstate NY just south of Saratoga in Apple country. I've always loved apples and orchards, and was bitten by the "varieties" bug over the past couple of years. I am a recently new homeowner and I've cleared out my southern facing side lot for 3 dwarfing trees.

I LOVE Jonamac, so that was the first tree put in on G30 this past spring.
I've ordered Orleans Reinette on G.202 and Kidd's Orange Red on G.11 for this spring to round out my plantings. scottfsmith and I have had a few conversations on "another" website forum and I've moved on here,

You look much more up to date, but lacking some content of other apple websites out there. More key contributors of GardenWeb and reference like OrangePippin. All it takes is time, effort and direction.

Just looking forward to the whole apple growing experience and popping my first buds in a couple of years. Im here reading, learning for when things get rolling. Hopefully this place will become a 1 stop shop for info, you're ready!

Re: New to the Cloudforest

Postby nullzero » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:50 pm

nullzero
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Sunset Zone 21
Hello welcome to the forums. I am only growing 4 apple trees myself, all in containers in Southern California. So I have a completely different experience with apples. Apples remarkably produce pretty well in containers, if the nutrient requirements are met and the rootstock is a good fit.

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:02 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login