• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Please welcome Pachinko799 from San Mateo

Postby pachinko799 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:26 pm

pachinko799

Climate Zone: sunset zone 17
Greetings,

I live in San Mateo and somehow acquired the exotic fruit tree passion a couple years ago. Weather is nice year round here and I do not suffer from freezes much or get too much fog in the Summer. Space is limited in my yard and I'm running out of room quickly. Always tricky sneaking another fruit tree or plant past my wife and kids.

My wife an I own about 20 acres of agricultural land in Half Moon Bay and are starting to think about building a large greenhouse or planting an orchard there but still researching what I could grow there and costs. I need a little more education under my belt before getting serious about planting on the coast. Any suggestions for fruit trees in HMB?

I learn so much from reading the posts on this board and really appreciate that this board exists and has members in Northern CA.

In San Mateo I'm growing: avocados, mandarins, blood oranges, kiwi, passion fruit, yellow strawberry guava, pomegranates, limes, lemons, and Asian pears. Most of my trees and plants are only a few years old but doing well.

I'm desperate for some bananas but do not want to do mail order. None of the nurseries have any near me. I was turned down by Home Depot for special orders and Lowes will only order from LaVerne in May. If any members have some for sale let me know.

Re: Please welcome Pachinko799 from San Mateo

Postby Axel » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Axel
Site Admin

Climate Zone: 12b/H2 & 10b/S23
Welcome to the Cloudforest. I can give you information about what to grow in Half Moon Bay, but why don't you start a new thread on this as the introductions should probably stay as an introduction.
Tropical gardening in both Kaua'i windward Sunset H2/USDA 12b and Fallbrook Sunset 23/USDA 10b.

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:39 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login