• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Welcome RobertS from Arroyo Grande, Calif.

Postby RobertS » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:36 pm

RobertS
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Sunset zone 17
Hi All, I'am a little late on posting here have been busy with house rework! Any way I live in Arroyo Grande, Calif. on 2.4acres we moved here 34yrs ago from L.A. area. I've always loved growing things and in 1996 I joined C.R.F.G and learned to graft and since then have acquired many plants. I also love to propagate plants from seed. I now have all of my 2.4 acres planted and trying to maintain, I've been retired for 6yrs. I have a 16'x18' greenhouse attached to south side of my house which helps heat my house and let me dabble in propagation. Some of what I grow although not successfully on some are; 200 apple var.on 75 trees,16var. apricot 5 trees, 12var. avocado,12var.cherimoya and 3atemoya, 6 var. sweet cherry, 25 var. figs in ground and 18 var. in pots, 5 var.medlar, 8 var.mulberries,3 var.nectarines,5 var.paw paw,4 var. peach,12 var. persimmon on 5 trees, 8 var. macadamia on 6 trees,20 var. euro-pear & 10 asian pear, 4-5 var. euro-plum & 30 var. japanese plum,4 var. quince,3 var. mirabelles, 6 var pluot, 3 var. cherry plum, Black sapote & 8+ var. white sapote,surinam cherry,cherry of rio-grand,lucuma,Ice cream bean, grumichama,guava,jaboticaba,loquat,malabar chestnut,acerola,passiflora edulis & others,pineapple,prickly pear & other edible cactus,wampee and some other ones but I'am tired! Many of these are seedling and have never fruited yet!! Happy growing and Happy Holidays all!!! :D My name is Robert Scott and I use to post as Scotty my overall goal is to have something to eat every day from my property, I've been to Axel's house, and it amazing and he's a great guy that started a great forum plus he drives a Prius like me :mrgreen:

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:35 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login