• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Salutations!

Postby Patrick » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Patrick

Climate Zone: Sunset 22
Hello everyone!
I'm a fruit enthusiast -and by that I mean I love to eat it!
I've tried gardening (playing in the dirt) multiple times with... interesting results.

My grandfather was from Utah, moved to Southern California decades ago.
He kept quite the garden/orchard -guess it's not exactly hereditary- and I want to continue munching on home-grown goodies, so, I figure I need to learn how to do it well at some point. I've been reading older gardening books but predictably, they aren't very detailed when it comes to the more rare plants... which is where reading the posts of the many kind folks on here comes in!

I already have a passion fruit vine, oranges, lemons, grapes, tomatoes... things like that. There was this one experiment with a kiwi pair... that didn't end to well for them unfortunately... anyway, I want to find and grow more unusual things that you can't buy at the store - and even if you could they wouldn't be as good!

So, greetings again from San Diego, and nice to meet y'all! :D

Re: Salutations!

Postby Axel » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:30 am

Axel
Site Admin

Climate Zone: 12b/H2 & 10b/S23
Welcome to the Cloudforest. There are lots of rare fruits to grow, if you're just starting, hang on, it's quite an adventure!
Tropical gardening in both Kaua'i windward Sunset H2/USDA 12b and Fallbrook Sunset 23/USDA 10b.

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:11 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login