• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

San Jose CA -Waiting for the Spring

Postby bpr67 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:01 pm

bpr67

Climate Zone: USDA zone 9b
Hi,

I live in San Jose CA, love gardening, trying to get tropical plants around my home, have banana, sugar cane, mango so far.. trying hard to bring up coconut...Have 30 or so Rose bushes in my front yard...keeps me busy over the weekend :)

Have a nice greenhouse built to grow veggies across winter...little success in this first season!

Hope to get some good ideas on the grafting Avocado verities. Need to know the timing of grafting for Avocado. Have a hobby of grafting...My granny apple tree now produces 6 other varieties, Asian pear produce 2 other verities!

Hopefully I am helpful to this forum one day!
Prasad

Re: San Jose CA -Waiting for the Spring

Postby RodneyS » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:53 pm

RodneyS
Cloudforest Guru

Climate Zone: USDA Zone 11a
Greetings, Prasad!

Sounds like you're proficient in grafting. Having grafted yet, but I hope to have the same success as you.

Postby bpr67 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:40 pm

bpr67

Climate Zone: USDA zone 9b
Last week, I bought Sir Prize and Lamb Hass 2 plants. Since my Avocado tree from see is no good, grafted branches from the newly bought plants. If my grafts work, then will chop of rest of the the branches, Tree should bare Lamb, Sir Prize and probably Hass (a friend of mine has a give away :)) and I should be able to see some flowers next year... My 3 years old tree is really doing well, very green about 10 ft tall already, probably I will graft some more types of the Avocado... keeping my finger crossed ...

Postby nullzero » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:58 pm

nullzero
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Sunset Zone 21
Congrats on the avocado success. I have been enjoying ripe avocados from the trees the last 3 weeks or so.

Postby edgar8 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:17 am

edgar8

Climate Zone: USDA zone 10
The information is very interesting. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:37 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login