• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Please welcome sunmicroman from Albuquerque, New Mexico

Postby sunmicroman » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:54 pm

sunmicroman

Climate Zone: USDA zone 8
Hi Everyone, I am Mike. I am the founder of the original "Hardy Palm & Subtropical Board" back in the summer of 1997 when I lived in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The internet was in it's infancy then and I thought I'd start a messageboard/forum for those that had the same interest I had in growing cold hardy exotic plants in areas not normally associated with them. When I moved back to Washington State in October of that year due to personal reasons, I was no longer able to manage the website anymore and handed it off to someone else. I am glad that it is still going strong after all these years.

I have been growing and studying cold hardy subtropicals since 1993 or so. My interest actually started when my Father-In-Law at the time who lived in Southern California (where I am originally from) made the mention of "how many orange trees do you have in your yard?" (he actually hated citrus fruit, ironically) when we used to banter back and forth on which area was better to live in. I thought to myself, "I wonder if I there is any orange tress that could grow here?" and that started my journey into this type of gardening.

I have had numerous varieties over the years with some success and a lot of failures. I now live in Southwestern Washington and grow subtropicals inland and at the coast. I look forward to corresponding with all here concerning our unique hobby.

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:36 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login