• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

tejocote, Mexican hawthorn

Postby leila » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:54 pm

leila

Climate Zone: 8
Hi!
My name is Leila and I have 4 acres in SE Arizona. I have been planting fruits, and native edibles and medicinals for 20 years and trying to learn what is edible in my yard. Yesterday I learned about a plant called Mexican Hawthorn ( crataegus mexicana), or tejocote. I've been trying to find some to buy with no luck. If anyone knows where I can buy soem online, pelase let me know.

Re: tejocote, Mexican hawthorn

Postby Axel » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Axel
Site Admin

Climate Zone: 12b/H2 & 10b/S23
There isn't any place to buy them online, they are hard to find. You can get one from Exotica nursery, but you would probably have to go to Fallbrook to get it. I don't think he delivers to Arizona, but he might. I bought one from Exotica and it's growing very well for me.
Tropical gardening in both Kaua'i windward Sunset H2/USDA 12b and Fallbrook Sunset 23/USDA 10b.

Postby leila » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:44 am

leila

Thanks Axel! Now who do I know who will be in Fallbrook and then in Arizona?

Postby leila » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:46 am

leila

Forgot to ask, how cold does it get where you are? My friends little graftiing died in the winter in oregon.

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:24 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login