• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

Please welcome new members here and if you have not introduced yourself yet, take a minute to let people know a little bit about yourself.

Re: It's time for introductions!

Postby nullzero » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:35 pm

nullzero
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Sunset Zone 21
Welcome Panax, I am growing almost every subtropical fruit you have listed as well down to the variety. Angel Red pomegranate, Subelle white sapote, rose apple, etc. :D .

Re: It's time for introductions! Angel Red Pomegranate

Postby angel_orto » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:20 am

angel_orto

Climate Zone: 9
Hi I rad sometimes one can get good or fair result from seeds !
Anyway I have not better chances to try varieties from abroad !
May you have some Angel Red or/and other pomegranate ?
thanks from Tuscany !

Postby nullzero » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:15 pm

nullzero
Cloudforest Expert

Will have to wait until next season. Angel Red finished up 2 weeks ago, what few were left got snatched by critters.

Postby Panax » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:38 pm

Panax

Climate Zone: Sunset Zone 19
Yes... Dang critters. I've been watching some seedless guava fruits growing to the size of small oranges. It's a young tree so there were only three. They are (were) still green and hard. Yesterday I woke to see a spread of small pieces sprinkled on top of a retaining wall. I'm hoping the squirrel has a bellyache from them!

Postby nullzero » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:41 pm

nullzero
Cloudforest Expert

Panax,

They even snatch the oranges, must bite through them and spit out the rind. I try to use bird netting and smearing the fruit with hot pepper pulp/oil, to deter pests.

Postby Panax » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:50 pm

Panax

Climate Zone: Sunset Zone 19
Thank you for the suggestions. Next year I'll try to get my act together and spritz some pepper oil on them.

Postby desimango » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:50 pm

desimango

Climate Zone: 9b
Hello Everyone,

I currently live in Milpitas, California and found this forum after searching for a few guava varieties found some older but interesting information here.

My current interests are mangos, regular and pineapple guava, figs and blueberries. I'd also like to learn how to graft and plan on attempting my first graft this spring from a Mallika mango over to a fast growing Manila mango tree.

Cheers,
Aman

Postby nullzero » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:52 pm

nullzero
Cloudforest Expert

desimango wrote:Hello Everyone,

I currently live in Milpitas, California and found this forum after searching for a few guava varieties found some older but interesting information here.

My current interests are mangos, regular and pineapple guava, figs and blueberries. I'd also like to learn how to graft and plan on attempting my first graft this spring from a Mallika mango over to a fast growing Manila mango tree.

Cheers,
Aman

Welcome to the forums Aman.

Postby RodneyS » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:52 am

RodneyS
Cloudforest Guru

Climate Zone: USDA Zone 11a
Greetings, Aman

Postby Jason (palo alto) » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Jason (palo alto)
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Z17, 9b
desimango wrote:Hello Everyone,

Cheers,
Aman

You need to meet Gregory here if you like Guavas, he has tons of them. For grafting, this Saturday is the Santa Clara CRFG scion exchange. Its at Prusch Park in San Jose (11AM?). There should be grafting demos there, also there will be many fig scions available for rooting. If you have any mango varieties I'd be interested in getting some scions this year to graft onto my Manila seedling.

-Jason

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:27 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login