• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

Alternative Crops for Drylands

Postby rudder » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:36 am

rudder
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: 10a
Hello all,

It has been a long time since I last posted. This past year has been a very busy one. I published a book called Alternative Crops for Drylands, which documents a few drought-tolerant edible plants from around the world. The book can be ordered from my website: http://cropsfordrylands.com/
And it is also now featured on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Alternative-Crops ... r+drylands

I also wanted to let you know that I'm selling my collection of seed-grown Apple Cacti (this is the plant from the cover of my book). There are about 80 plants total, all genetically distinct. Here's my flier regarding that sale: http://cropsfordrylands.com/serious-cereus-collection/

I'm moving overseas in January, so I want to sell all my plants before then. The Apple Cacti collection is a package deal, so I'm not selling individual specimens.

Another package deal is my collection of 22 Syagrus coronata (Licuri Palm) babies that are about two-3 years old in one-gallon liners. I'll sell all 22 to someone.

And lastly, I have some individual specimens of some interesting plants:
-Marula (Sclerocarya birrea ssp. caffra) - 3 or 4 of these. These are deciduous right now in deep-root four gallon pots
-Calea ternifolia - One specimen in a 4 gallon container
-Jacket plum (Pappea capensis) - A couple of these in four gallon pots.
-Some one-gallon Heimia salicifolias
-Some one-gallon palms: Parajubaea torallyi var. torallyi, Jubaea chilensis, Butia capitata.
-Two 4-gallon specimens of Parajubaea coccoides
-A couple 5-gallon Rajapuri banana specimens.

I won't ship any plants.

I would prefer to just find one buyer for everything and give them a good deal.
I won't sell individual cactus specimens, and I won't sell individual Syagrus coronata specimens.
These are all for local pickup only, obviously.

Re: Alternative Crops for Drylands

Postby rudder » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:36 pm

rudder
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: 10a
The Licuri Palms survived the recent frosts and are still looking good for December:

Re: Alternative Crops for Drylands

Postby Dan in S. TX » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Dan in S. TX

Climate Zone: Sunset zone 28, USDA zone 9
Warning! Do not open any of these links. I just had to delete a bunch of spyware From the cactus image on the left side......

D

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:48 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login