• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

Anyone know where to buy a Royal Lynn (or Helen) Cherry?

Postby RichardT » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:39 pm

RichardT

Climate Zone: 10a Sunset 24
Hi All,

As these are patented varieties I am not looking for scion wood (unless the Zaigers would sell it to me ;) ). But my local nursery said that are not for sale to home orchards, and I would really like to see if these trees do as well in Southern CA as the Royal Lee and Minnie Royal trees I have. Is there anyone that might be able to give me a lead on these two cherries? As an aside, does anyone know why they have not been released to the public?

Thanks,
Richard

Re: Anyone know where to buy a Royal Lynn (or Helen) Cherry?

Postby fruitnut » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:44 pm

fruitnut
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: 7a
Richard:

You might want to contact Patty S., posts as hoosierquilt, or your local chapter of the CRFG. Patty was trying to put together a group buy including those cherries with the San Diego chapter of CRFG.

Zaiger and DWN usually don't release a cultivar with commercial potential until after the patent has expired. This helps in some way to limit the stealing of material.

Postby Jasondaven » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:41 am

Jasondaven

Climate Zone: 12
I am also interested in the Royal Lyn cherry. I am in San Diego. Did you have any luck locating one?

Jason

Postby Richard Primbs » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Richard Primbs

Climate Zone: Sunset zone 20, USDA zone 10
I am interested too. How could we contact Patty S.?

Richard

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:11 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login