• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

Bags of decidous scions, 30+ cultivars

Postby Jason (palo alto) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Jason (palo alto)
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Z17, 9b
I've got a slew of extra scions that are still in the fridge that I never got around to grafting. There are at least thirty cultivars, all labeled of various things. Apples, pears, nectarines, peaches, apricot, cherry and plum.
If you are interested I can drop them off locally or you can pick up from me. Don't think they will survive shipping.

Re: Bags of decidous scions, 30+ cultivars

Postby sanjosefool » Wed May 02, 2012 10:15 am

sanjosefool

Climate Zone: San Jose 9b
Jason,

I'm unfamiliar with grafting. I did go to the CRFG exchange @ Emma Prusch, watched the grafting class, and got some wood for my Santa Rosa. The grafts took but I guess I knocked them off by bumping them (or my dogs did!).

The Santa Rosa was dormant at the time and has long since woken up. If there is a technique to use on active growing trees like this I would give it a go.

Postby Jason (palo alto) » Wed May 02, 2012 11:10 am

Jason (palo alto)
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Z17, 9b
Grafting is easier when the rootstock tree is growing and the scion is still dormant. Same techniques

Postby sanjosefool » Wed May 02, 2012 5:02 pm

sanjosefool

Ok, sending you a message....

Postby sanjosefool » Tue May 08, 2012 10:08 pm

sanjosefool

Nice to meet you today Jason. Thanks for the wood, I did some cherry grafts today (those were the scions that were pushing already.) I'll do the others later in the week. I'll expect nothing to take and that I'm at least getting the practice in. If something does take then it's a bonus....

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:42 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login