If you like this topic, then share it or bookmark it:
  • delicious
  • digg
  • facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email


A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

FREE: Lots of fruit trees

Postby Jason (palo alto) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:20 pm

Jason (palo alto)
Cloudforest Expert
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:04 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Climate Zone: Z17, 9b
I'm finally selling my house in East Palo Alto and getting out of the Bay area housing market. But, to sell my house I have a lot of trees that need to go to a good home.
I haven't lived in the house for 3 years so the trees are a bit neglected but are established.

If you dig it out, you can have it! :D

I haven't gone through and taken an in depth inventory yet but here is what I know is there:
Beaumont Macadamia - ~8' tall, 5' diameter. Will likely need a truck to transport
Oak-leaved Papaya - About 10' tall
Mountain Papaya - About 10' tall
Babaco - About 6' tall
Persian mulberry
Fuyu persimmon
Suebelle White Sapote
Wonderful pomegranate
Pineapple Guava 'Coolidge Improved'
Strawberry Guava
Fuchsia splendens
...
And dozens of other trees, many deciduous... I need to visit the house to create a list.

Contact me and I'll give you directions.

Starting to add images, will add full list soon:
https://goo.gl/photos/cP6Jhi4fdea3N16C9

-Jason

Re: FREE: Lots of fruit trees

Postby BayAreaTropical25 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:59 pm

User avatar
BayAreaTropical25
Cloudforest Expert
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:15 pm
Location: Vallejo, ca
Climate Zone: USDA zone 9b/10a Sunset 17
Hey Jason,

A friend wanted me to ask you what else you're giving away, ( if you've made your list already)

Thanks!

Dan

Jason (palo alto) wrote:I'm finally selling my house in East Palo Alto and getting out of the Bay area housing market. But, to sell my house I have a lot of trees that need to go to a good home.
I haven't lived in the house for 3 years so the trees are a bit neglected but are established.

If you dig it out, you can have it! :D

I haven't gone through and taken an in depth inventory yet but here is what I know is there:
Beaumont Macadamia - ~8' tall, 5' diameter. Will likely need a truck to transport
Oak-leaved Papaya - About 10' tall
Mountain Papaya - About 10' tall
Babaco - About 6' tall
Persian mulberry
Fuyu persimmon
Suebelle White Sapote
Wonderful pomegranate
...
And dozens of other trees... I need to visit the house to create a list.

Contact me and I'll give you directions.

-Jason

Re: FREE: Lots of fruit trees

Postby Jason (palo alto) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:12 pm

Jason (palo alto)
Cloudforest Expert
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:04 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Climate Zone: Z17, 9b
Updated original post with a few more and some pictures. Going over to the house tomorrow, going to take some more pictures.

Re: FREE: Lots of fruit trees

Postby Lorax » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:45 am

User avatar
Lorax
Cloudforest Expert
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:01 pm
Location: Santa Cruz
Climate Zone: Sunset 17
Too bad you have to remove fruit tree's to sell your house. What a wacky backwards concept to me. Get that sod layed so the new out of towners can really live the American dream. No dis respect to you Jason, I know how it go's . I hope it go's well for you.

Re: FREE: Lots of fruit trees

Postby Jason (palo alto) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:58 am

Jason (palo alto)
Cloudforest Expert
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:04 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Climate Zone: Z17, 9b
Lorax wrote:Too bad you have to remove fruit tree's to sell your house. What a wacky backwards concept to me. Get that sod layed so the new out of towners can really live the American dream. No dis respect to you Jason, I know how it go's . I hope it go's well for you.


It's not that so much putting down sod as it is people not having time to maintain fruit trees despite how little effort they take. Most of the homes for sale just throw down mulch. I see so many houses with fruit trees where the fruit just falls and makes a mess and the trees are never maintained.
Plus a few of the trees aren't productive since there was no recent pruning done and the rootstock overtook the grafts.
I had planted trees all over the yard and it obstructs viewing how large the yard is. Most people want a backyard and not a fruit orchard.

Re: FREE: Lots of fruit trees

Postby BayAreaTropical25 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:42 pm

User avatar
BayAreaTropical25
Cloudforest Expert
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:15 pm
Location: Vallejo, ca
Climate Zone: USDA zone 9b/10a Sunset 17
You have more patience than I do! If I needed to clear a space I'd start up the chain saw! Lol

A lot of people will appreciate your generosity, though! I already have too many trees and plants!

Re: FREE: Lots of fruit trees

Postby Jason (palo alto) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:28 pm

Jason (palo alto)
Cloudforest Expert
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:04 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Climate Zone: Z17, 9b
BayAreaTropical25 wrote:You have more patience than I do! If I needed to clear a space I'd start up the chain saw! Lol

A lot of people will appreciate your generosity, though! I already have too many trees and plants!


Plenty of folks from the neighborhood have already offered to take trees, just figured best to give the rarer stuff to people who are passionate about fruit :mrgreen:

Re: FREE: Lots of fruit trees

Postby BayAreaTropical25 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:14 pm

User avatar
BayAreaTropical25
Cloudforest Expert
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:15 pm
Location: Vallejo, ca
Climate Zone: USDA zone 9b/10a Sunset 17
Jason (palo alto) wrote:
BayAreaTropical25 wrote:You have more patience than I do! If I needed to clear a space I'd start up the chain saw! Lol

A lot of people will appreciate your generosity, though! I already have too many trees and plants!


Plenty of folks from the neighborhood have already offered to take trees, just figured best to give the rarer stuff to people who are passionate about fruit :mrgreen:



Good man! lol :mrgreen:


Return to Exchange Scions

cron

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:04 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login

cron