• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

Have: Extra CCPP Budwood

Postby Wonderful89 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:10 am

Wonderful89

Climate Zone: 9
Hello fellow fruit lovers, I placed my order with the CCPP budwood and should be getting my order by the end of this month pending varieties that may be out of stock. As some of you know, CCPP requires a minimum order of 36 buds or 3 sticks per variety . I will need only 1 stick so I will have 2 sticks avaliable per variety I orderd. If anyone is interested in any of the four varieties I ordered let me know. I am interested in trading for plants, scions, or seeds let me know what you have. thanks
Blood Orange: Bream Tarocco, Mandarin: Miyagaw Satsuma, Tangelos: Wekiwa Tangelo, Sweet Orange: JinchengFrom: http://users.kymp.net/citruspages/home.html
'Miyagawa'Fruit large (for satsuma), moderately oblate, seedless with thin and smooth rind. Juice abundant, sugars and acid well-blended, and quality excellent. Matures very early and stores well for Wase Unshû. Is reported to reach legal maturity by the second week of September in optimal conditions. Tree more vigorous than most old Wase clones and productive. Miyagawa originated as a limb sport in a Zairai tree in Fukuoka Prefecture and was named and introduced by Dr. Tyôzaburô Tanaka in 1923. It is currently the best known and much the most extensively grown of the Wase varieties

Bream Tarocco
Bream Tarocco, a US selection of Tarocco, is a medium-large to large blood orange variety with few to no seeds and very good colouration properties. Bream Tarocco is one of the few varieties where the outer pigmentation matches the colour inside. However, the distinctive colour of course requires cold winter nights to develop properly but in a good year it can have one of the darkest pigmentations of all blood oranges.
It is originally a bud mutation of a Tarocco tree from the garden of Robert Bream, Lindsay, California.

JinchengJincheng, locally called Golden Orange, is one of the most popular oranges in China.
It is a variety that is well suited for the production of high quality juice. Because of its aromatic rind oil it is used in the production of sweet orange (essential) oil.
In China it matures in early December and stays well on the tree until early March without losing quality. Actually the acid to solids ratio improves until March after which it slowly starts to decline.
Jincheng was introduced to the US by the USDA for development. It is a round, smallish fruit with generally only ten segments and some seeds. It has a thick, easy to peel rind and a sweet light orange pulp that has a hint of lime

WekiwaWekiwa tangelo first came from California in 1930 but was not introduced to the public in Florida until the1980's. Wekiwa is a hybrid of Sampson Tangelo and a grapefruit and therefore should be called a tangelolo.
It is delicious, very juicy, of average size for mandarins. The tree is not vigorous but it is very productive and the fruit ripen in January. Wekiwa is unlike any other tangelo because it looks like a mini grapefruit. Under favorable conditions rind pink-blushed and flesh amber-pink. Early in maturity.
Wekiwa is also known as Pink tangelo and Lavender Gem.

Re: Have: Extra CCPP Budwood

Postby eyeckr » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:25 pm

eyeckr

Climate Zone: 8a
Wonderful89 I'd be interested Bream and Jincheng. I've got many various plants for a possible trade and also put an order in for CCPP budwood for a possible swap. You could email be at ggvm30@aol.com to work out the details.

Postby jbclem 9b Topanga » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:49 am

jbclem 9b Topanga
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: USDA 9b
If you still have this extra budwood, I'd be interested in the Bream Tarroco and the Miyagaw Satsuma. I don't have a lot to trade right now, but could offer some smallish(4"-6") segments from a Condor Dragon Fruit (Edgar Valdivia hybrid), and have plenty of blackberries (thornless and thorny) and boysenberries(thornless) that I could send cuttings from.

John

Postby Rodan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:27 pm

Rodan

Climate Zone: USDA 9
Can I buy Bream Tarocco Budwood or 2-3 year old tree? Mike

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:44 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login