• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

Have Feijoa Seedlings from Mark Albert

Postby Paul-SF » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:23 pm

Paul-SF

Climate Zone: Sunset 17, USDA 10a
My fellow Cloudforester, Chuck Chan, and I planted a ton of seeds from what we thought were the best tasting fruit that Mark Albert brought to his presentation last November at our local CRFG chapter. Our goal was to have sufficient 1 gallon potted plants for our next two upcoming scion exchanges. I think we have about 350 potted seedlings, but there are plenty more seedlings that need good homes. (Running out of pots and space!) Local pickup in San Francisco preferred, but I think Chuck may be willing to mail a few seedlings to our more distant Cloudforesters.

The seedlings come from:

Red Beard
Clara North
Moore
Marion
Lake Mendocino Drive
Lake Mendocino Drive South
Albert's Supreme
T3 Elongated

I also have some Albert’s Pride seedlings available. Pride and Supreme are two of Mark's original selections and it is worthwhile having both as they fruit at opposite ends of the season, starting late September for Pride and late November/early December for Supreme. I think Moore was the parent of both Pride and Supreme, but need to check with Mark to confirm. Mark believes that the seedlings are fairly true to their parents, but there is some variation that Mark is trying to exploit in his continued evolution of this fruit.
Send me a PM if interested. Thanks.

Paul

Re: Have Feijoa Seedlings from Mark Albert

Postby jbclem 9b Topanga » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:33 am

jbclem 9b Topanga
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: USDA 9b
Paul, I just sent you a PM. But my experience with PMs here in the Cloudforest Cafe is very marginal, so in a second PM I included my email which would probably be the best way to communicate unless you prefer here in the main topic.

John

Postby cchan » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:10 pm

cchan
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: 9-10
Yes I will mail them out if someone wants to pay for postage. But they will be bare root if that is ok.

Postby sferber » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:08 pm

sferber

Climate Zone: 10a
I would be interested in a few of the seedlings from Mark's selections if they are still available. I am happy to pay for postage, Thank You.

Postby zone 9 in Brazil » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:41 am

zone 9 in Brazil

Climate Zone: USDA zone 9B
I just saw this post. Is there any chance you have more of the seedlings left. I will gladly pay for the postage.
Marc

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:46 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login