• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

Have free taro bulbs/corm (Colocasia esculenta)

Postby bluenkimchi » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:17 pm

bluenkimchi

Climate Zone: zone 9b
I have some left over taro (common taro/Colocasia esculenta) bulbs. I don't know variety, but my parents plant them to sell bulbs and leaf/stem at their farmer's market. They are green leaf with some reddish and some all green stem and grow from 3.5'-5' tall depending how you take care of them. One small bulb will multiple to tons by fall if you want to dig them up for storage or consumption of the whole plant(leaf/stem/bulbs). Here in Fresno 9b, they are ready to harvest the stem and leaves by summer and will have many pups then and you just separate the biggest ones and more will just keep popping up with remaining plant bunch. Although I would be interested in some papaya seedlings of any dwarf hermaphrodite variety for a trade if any one has some. but it's free for anyone that would like some and just pay postage via paypal. Let me know if anyone would be interested since I also posted on the other forum and have some takers already. Still have many small bulbs and a few large ones left. Thanks for looking and have a good day :)

Re: Have free taro bulbs/corm (Colocasia esculenta)

Postby micklips » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:12 am

micklips

Climate Zone: Sunset zone 24
still have any of the taro bulbs ?
I can send you postage if you don't mind.
thanks

Re: Have free taro bulbs/corm (Colocasia esculenta)

Postby bluenkimchi » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:54 am

bluenkimchi

Climate Zone: zone 9b
I no longer have any bulbs, But a few of the tossed bulbs have mange to survived and are now little plants,that I can dig up and send you if you like. These would be a better options than bulbs as they are already plants. Postage is fine, let meknow if you would like a small plant or two.

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:39 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login