• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

HAVE: Jujube Plants from Suckers

Postby tsaephan » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:21 pm

tsaephan
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: USDA zone 9
I have quite a few jujube trees that I potted, they are all from root suckers. Various sizes, anywhere from 2.5 feet to 6 ft, they fruit within a year or two and grow rapidly. I have given one to a coworker and she has informed me that it fruited the same year, but it will vary.

Not sure about the cultivar, I was told that it was from a Li plant... but they are root suckers, my parent tree doesn't look grafted either... so we'll leave it as an unknown cultivar. It was already established in the home that I bought.

The fruit are big, firm, and very sweet when mostly brown to all brown.

I will not ship (because of size and they are in pots), must pick up. Located in Sacramento.

Do be warned that Jujube's roots spread very far and will sucker if its roots are scratched/injured, and they sucker a lot!

Re: HAVE: Jujube Plants from Suckers

Postby chicomoralessxm » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:58 am

chicomoralessxm

Climate Zone: 10-12
I would love to get 1 but I live all in st maarten :)
COuld i pay for shiping to miami?

Re: HAVE: Jujube Plants from Suckers

Postby Foodgardener » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:59 am

Foodgardener

Climate Zone: USDA 9, Sunset 14
I'm in the Sacramento area and just saw your posting. I would really like to get some Jujube growing. Do you still have some plants available? I have some legume trees I could trade, if you would like them. Thanks.

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:43 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login