• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

Re: Have:Noir de Spain mulberry Morus Nigra

Postby sautesmom » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:54 am

sautesmom
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Sacramento
OK, I see post here show up in Google, so I am not going to post my e-mail address, but I will send it as a standalone message to those who contact me private so we can continue discussing my mulberry scions by e-mail.
Thanks!
Carla in Sac

Postby eNorm » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:46 pm

eNorm

Climate Zone: 10a
Hi Carla,

I sent you an instant message with my email address... I think.

Thanks,
eNorm

Postby Foodgardener » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:30 pm

Foodgardener

Climate Zone: USDA 9, Sunset 14
I live in Sacramento County and like my (bird planted) mulberries enough that I would like to plant some better selections. I have a Morus alba (lots of fruit, but no acid for the sweet) and a 'fruitless' that I could propagate for rootstock. Once I have some well rooted, I would like to get scion wood from you.

I read posts elsewhere that implied that Morus nigri didn't grow from seed. I have another bird planted tree that has a different leaf, growth, and fruit from my alba, that answers the nigri description. It also fruits much later in the year. I like the fruit much better (even though it is small), so I'm really interested in trying your cultivar.

Thanks!

Postby david70 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:53 pm

david70

Climate Zone: 8
I would like try to grow the noir de spain mulberry tree to compare with me mulberry collection. How do I go about getting some cuttings? David. My email is asare49@gmail.com. for some reason I can not send messages yet.

Postby david70 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:12 pm

david70

sautesmom wrote:In case anyone is interested, I have a Noir de Spain mulberry and have lots of branches that need cutting!

Yes, Carla I would be interested to have some cuttings of your noir de spain mulberry. David

Postby Foodgardener » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:52 am

Foodgardener

Since I last posted (above) I have started more than two dozen mulberry cuttings. Carla - If you are still active - I would like to get some cuttings from you to start. The tree I thought might be a black mulberry turned out to be a red mulberry. It fruited for about 5 weeks starting in mid-April this year. My "white" mulberry started fruiting about two weeks later, and is continuing.

Postby david70 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:58 pm

david70

Hello all. Does anyone know when the mulberry tasting and scion exchange will be at wolfskill this summer?

Postby Foodgardener » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Foodgardener

Thanks for posting this! I knew about the pomegranate and fig tastings, but not the Mulberry tasting. I Googled it and see that these have been held in June in the past. Please post here if anyone gets an exact date. I've added to my varieties of cultivars (some of which are too young to fruit), but I would welcome a chance to taste (and hopefully get cuttings for) more varieties. I have seedlings in pots for grafting onto, and I've had good success getting cuttings to root.

Postby sautesmom » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:01 pm

sautesmom
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Sacramento
You are not going to be able to get cuttings then, because nothing will be dormant. You want dormant cuttings for rooting. FYI morus nigra is almost impossible to root, but it can be grafted.
Carla in Sac

Postby Foodgardener » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:03 pm

Foodgardener

In my ignorance I have stuck mulberry cuttings (white and red) that were in leaf and had a significant portion of them root. I have read that they are 'difficult'. I have since installed a misting system and bottom heat to help with softwood and semi-hardwood rooting. If they will let me take cuttings, I will give them a try. May I get cuttings from your tree now - while it is still dormant?

PreviousNext

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:04 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login