• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

Scion and Seed Storage Re: Humidity

Postby Oolie » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:49 am

Oolie
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: sunset 23
I'm learning more and more, and I've found out that some scions and seeds need to be kept humid.

I realized a solution that works well may be as simple as using a moist paper towel, but there are other solutions i've discovered.
http://freshstor.com/62-humidity-contro ... oduct.html

These humidity packs are popular for cigar enthusiasts who live in dry areas or are vacationing to dry areas and are popular because they absorb and release water vapor to keep humidity at a consistent 62%. which I imagine is pretty good for some seeds and scions. the draw of these ones to me is that they react quickly to changes in humidity and are cheap, but they also are rechargeable since the humidity control works both ways. in order to recharge them, keep them in a small jar elevated above a small water bath, and keep the jar in a warmish spot. also don't let them get too hard before recharging.

I hope this helps.

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:45 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login