• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

want avocado scions/root stock:

Postby crooklo » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:39 am

crooklo

Climate Zone: USDA 8
I need root stock and scions of avocados that will be able to handle the lower ends of the temperature range. Also any that may produce smaller trees that can be moved into greenhouse-like shelter for the few days that I get 25 degree weather. Currently I have 25 seedlings that I have started from seed in my greenhouse. I will gladly share anything I have or produce, but am just getting started and don't have much in the way of trees at this time. Thank you and God Bless

Re: want avocado scions/root stock:

Postby Chara » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:59 am

Chara

Climate Zone: 9
Hi there,
I will have fresh scions of avocado Lula, but it grows big - no way for a green house. We do have here in NE FL a few times during the winter, when temperature drops down to 25. The first 3 years I was covering my young tree with blankets and tarp, but by each spring my tree was defoliated and aborted all blooms. This year I am not covering it, because it grew to about 12' tall. We already had some hard freeze , but the tree is fine, lust a few leaves got black here and there. Also, I have a large tree-pot with avocado "Monroe". It is more sensitive to freeze and goes to the greenhouse for the winter. So far it doesn't grow as fast as Lula, and I plan to continue growing it in the pot. I could trade you some scions of both, if you are interested.

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:08 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login