• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

WANT: Cherry of the Rio Grande (Eugenia Aggregatta) seeds

Postby tsaephan » Wed May 21, 2014 10:10 pm

tsaephan
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: USDA zone 9
It seems to be very hard to find this plant. I've been searching for it and couldn't find a fair price for it. I decided that I might as well grow it from seed, but the problem is it seems like the seeds don't store very well so I need to get them fresh.

From research, it seems that this is the time that Cherry of the Rio Grande is fruiting. If anyone has fruit/seeds they can ship to me or near by for me to pick up, let me know. If you don't have a Eugenia Aggregatta but another Eugenia that makes yummy fruits, I am interested in it as well.

If I can't find anyone with it, I can always buy some from Trade Wind Fruits, they seem to have the Eugenia Bras. right now available.

Re: WANT: Cherry of the Rio Grande (Eugenia Aggregatta) seed

Postby eNorm » Thu May 22, 2014 1:37 pm

eNorm

Climate Zone: 10a
tsaephan,

I have some seeds if you're interested. I believe some of them have already started to germinate. PM me.

Postby ChasR » Thu May 22, 2014 2:13 pm

ChasR

Climate Zone: 9b, sometimes a 10a
Add me to the I want catagory too please.
I am building a 150ft 5-6' hedge out of red/dark surinam cherries and I would love to throw a few Rio Grands in for the heck of it.

Postby eNorm » Sat May 24, 2014 9:33 pm

eNorm

Climate Zone: 10a
tsaephan and ChasR, I sent PM to both of you. I should have enough seeds for both of you.

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:03 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login