• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

Want to graft!

Postby capitanbob » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:31 pm

capitanbob

Climate Zone: Sunset zone 20
New to this forum and I am very excited about all the information I am finding on grafting. Mostly interested in working with my avocados, but there are other trees too. For example... I have a large GUAVA and it's producing like crazy, but the fruit is somewhat sour (yellow, pear like skin, white inside with just a hint of pink towards the middle.)
Is grafting a better tasing quava a good a approach here? Where can I find some good scions? Is there something else I could do to sweeten this fruit tee

Also, I'd appreciate any info on Avocado Scion Selection. I have some great trees I'd like to try and propogate. I'v found some great videos (thanks to this site) to show me how to graft, but still looking for when and how to select the scions.

Thanks,
Bob

Re: Want to graft!

Postby Wildforager » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:15 pm

Wildforager

Climate Zone: USDA zone 5b
Bob,

You're in a good area to find some CRFG scion exchanges. You just might find what you want there.

Good Luck,
Little John

Postby padsfan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:59 pm

padsfan
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Sunset 24
I would not recommend grafting guava as they are very difficult to graft (but not impossible). I have a grafted Mexican Cream from LaVerne Nursery but have had no success of my own and others report the same.

Start with apple and cherimoya, they seem to be the easiest to graft for me.

Postby Sanguinello » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:28 pm

Sanguinello

Climate Zone: 7a
Try whip graft ...

Postby Oolie » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Oolie
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: sunset 23
If you feel you are ready to graft, I can find Guava cuttings.

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:37 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login