• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

WANT: Passionfruit Cuttings, Sacramento to East Bay

Postby tsaephan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:54 pm

tsaephan
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: USDA zone 9
I've successfully rooted some passionfruit from a few members that I received cuttings from last year, they were doing well in the ground, but the freak winter we had wiped out the p. edulis that I had.

If anyone has p. edulis (any cultivar is fine) around the sacramento area to the east bay area, or along 80 in between the two area, that they are willing to let me take a few cuttings, let me know. I would appreciate it. I can pick up in person since I'm planning on going to the east bay this weekend.

Right now the only passionfruits I have are the p. incarnata and p. mollissma, and I want to get fruit from an edulis in this area.

Re: WANT: Passionfruit Cuttings, Sacramento to East Bay

Postby contadinak » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:40 am

contadinak

Climate Zone: 9
Hi Tsaephan! I am in the South Bay, and I have an edulis "Frederick" that I planted in the spring. It's doing quite well. If you are willing to travel to San Jose, I would love to exchange with you a few mollissima cuttings!

Postby tsaephan » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:58 am

tsaephan
Cloudforest Expert

Contadinak,

Thanks for the reply, I'll see if anyone else responds. If I do find some from other people, I can mail you some cuttings.

Postby ellen in berkeley » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:29 pm

ellen in berkeley
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: sunset 17, ecoregion 11.1.1
There's a big edulis - big vine, big fruit - maybe frederick - hanging over a fence on Parker st. just west of Grant in Berkeley. I'm sure you could take a few cuttings next time you're down this way. Either knock and ask or just pay attention and don't hurt the form of the vine. I've never tasted it - I think the folks who live there harvest it before it falls.

Postby tsaephan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:40 pm

tsaephan
Cloudforest Expert

Thanks Ellen,

I will look into that if I can't find a person who has it. From what I recall, if it hangs over a fence onto the sidewalk, it's fair game, lol.

But of course I'll be courteous and ask first, and if they are not home, I'll cut it in a way not to damage or kill the plant.

Postby eric_mimosa » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:58 am

eric_mimosa

Climate Zone: Sunset zone 17, USDA Zone 10a
I started a bunch of seeds from fruit from NZ i found at berkeley bowl and they all came up. I hope they turn out good.

I am also looking for passionfruit cultivars. Have fredrick, maybe a root or two is forming on my black knight cuttings i got from Paul in SF. I think not though because i wasnt able to give them an ideal mist system. I'm building that this fall.

I am looking for cuttings of red rover, and what about 'Frosty'? Anyone here ever heard of anyone having a 'Frosty' passionfruit plant?

Thanks,
Eric in (now) arroyo grande

Postby badman62 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:25 pm

badman62
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: 9b
I have a "Possum Purple"
but i am in New Orleans
great place to party if you want a long drive :)
(LOL)

or, we could trade through the mail

Postby tsaephan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:14 am

tsaephan
Cloudforest Expert

badman62: How cold hardy are the purple possum?

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:04 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login