• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

Want: Ugni Molinae (Chilean Guava), Seedless Grape cutting

Postby tsaephan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:56 pm

tsaephan
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: USDA zone 9
I would like to try and grow some ugni molinae from cuttings. Learned about it by reading other post, then googling it. Seems very yummy and I have a good spot that gets evening shade and big enough for a bush, but not a tree. If anyone has a plant and wouldn't mind sending a cutting, pm me.

Also would like to grow some seedless grape. I had a couple of grape vines that I received from uc davis picnic day. Wine grapes... not tasty for eating at all. I gave them away, but experimented with rooting some cuttings and I was very successful. Anyone with a yummy seedless grape that wouldn't mind sending me a cutting, pm me.

Re: Want: Ugni Molinae (Chilean Guava), Seedless Grape cutti

Postby MARLONLARA » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:13 pm

MARLONLARA

Climate Zone: 8B
I have two seedless grape variety: Venus and Amsden (They are both blue/black seedless variety). This is their second year and should be fruiting this year. It will be available next year 2014. I also have a Golden Muscat (seeded) which had it's first fruit last year and it was very very sweet. I happen to have three seeded varieties of Muscadine Grape vines (Cowart, Scarlet and Fry). it's their second year and hoping that they will be fruiting this 2013.

Re: Want: Ugni Molinae (Chilean Guava), Seedless Grape cutti

Postby tsaephan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:55 pm

tsaephan
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: USDA zone 9
Marlonlara:

I will take some cuttings next year when they are dormant or whenever you prune your vines. They are really easy to root from cuttings.

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:40 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login