• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

WANT White Sapote

Postby michsu » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:19 pm

michsu

Climate Zone: Zone 8B (Southern CA)
Hi guys ,

Does anyone have any white sapote trees please? I would like to plant one and try it out. I'm in Southern California, so hopefully it can grow there.

Thanks,
Michael

Re: WANT White Sapote

Postby michsu » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:24 pm

michsu

Also do you guys have any abiu? ahh, what the heck.. whatever tropicals you guys have I'll take a look =)

Postby michsu » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:25 pm

michsu

Never mind.. haha, I bought a suebelle white sapote from my local Lowes.. they had about 6 or 7 of them for sale..

Postby tsaephan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:00 pm

tsaephan
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: USDA zone 9
Wow, your lowes are already carrying white sapote?? I checked with my local lowes and they haven't ordered their shipment from LaVerne's yet. I'm going to try and talk with the person in charge of ordering products from LaVerne's to add on an item or two.

Postby michsu » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:44 am

michsu

Yeah, and I just read through Axel's and others reviews on which white sapote was the best (or at least better) ones to try out.. and they had Suebelle right there! :D The price is $32.98.. and it looks to be about 4 ft tall.. I just planted it in the ground last week.. and hopefully it would fruit next year? haha, that's just wishful thinking.. :roll:

Postby michsu » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:49 am

michsu

sorry, this is a non-related quick question.. I just purchased two trees from Plantogram.. are they any good? I'm having a unfavorable impression because I had ordered three trees originally and wanted to cancel one.. I called them, but no one picked up.. I sent them an email to cancel and the next morning I called them and still no one picked up.. Finally, someone picked up (I had hit '0' to get operator) and told him about my situation.. He helped me cancel a tree, but I had never received any emails about my order or anything (he said they saw my email, and sent out an email, but I never received it)..

basically getting a person on the phone is super hard.. and they also have no warranty too on their trees.. and their prices are expensive too.. I read from others that they are very good, but like I said before, I'm not liking it..

oh, the two trees are abiu and lychee (sweetheart)..

Postby michsu » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:45 am

michsu

The plants Plantogram sent were very bad..

The abiu had all yellow leaves and some were already "freezing" (curling up)..

The lychee had some yellow leaves too..

I don't know why he is selling if Florida is too cold now..

Anyway, does anyone have an abiu plant for sale.. I just wasted $60 for a curled up plant.. half the leaves are curled up..

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:38 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login