• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

wanted : biriba plant

Postby michsu » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:15 pm

michsu

Climate Zone: Zone 8B (Southern CA)
Hi,

like the title says..
does anyone have any biriba plants for sale? :D I got my abius and sapote from before so thanks!

Re: wanted : biriba plant

Postby Ahem... » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:39 pm

Ahem...

Climate Zone: zone 10-11(microclimate
Hi Michsu,

You can find a Biriba plant at the following nurseries:

Ong Nursery(San Diego)

Ben Poirier(San Diego)

Roger Meyer(Fountain Valley)

California Tropical Fruit Trees(San Diego)

Norman Beard(Santa Barbara)

Mimosa Nursery(Anaheim)

Mimosa Nursery(L.A)

etc.

Thanks, I can get you scion wood from a cold hardy Rollinia that has fruited in California. Don't listen to what everyone says, Norman, my friend fruited a Rollinia in Santa Barbara! See this thread on the tropical fruit forum,

http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php ... #msg112503
Ahem...

Postby michsu » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:17 am

michsu

haha, thanks for the list.. but I'm in LA.. so a lot of the places you mentioned are too far away.. for the scion, how much would it be? What kind of rootstock works best with the rollinia?

Postby Ahem... » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:32 am

Ahem...

Climate Zone: zone 10-11(microclimate
Oh, okay

Scions from Normans Rollinia tree are free but you cover the shipping. The best rootstock for Rollinia is Rollinia… it is hard to find other Rollinia species to graft onto, and if you did it wouldn't be worth it because they are so rare :|.

Thanks,
Ahem...

Postby Lorax » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:54 am

Lorax
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Sunset 17
michsu wrote:haha, thanks for the list.. but I'm in LA.. so a lot of the places you mentioned are too far away.. for the scion, how much would it be? What kind of rootstock works best with the rollinia?

Of the 7 places mentioned, 6 are in Southern California! Haha
cherimoya plants can be hard to source in California let alone Biriba. Too far away is different for each one, and it takes an hour to get anywhere in LA anyway right? 2 other options for Biriba would be Green Scene in Fullerton in April from some of those sellers previously mentioned or online Ethan at Red Sea gardens might have one to ship to your doorstep.

Postby michsu » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:11 am

michsu

haha, yeah, everything is too far here in Los Angeles.. :D Thanks for the new information! I'm already emailing Ethan, and he said that he might have a biriba for sale soon.. well, at least a 3 gallon one or bigger.. he told me about that Fullerton Green Scene where you can meet him in person and just pick up the plants? That sounds good :D

Postby Lorax » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:03 pm

Lorax
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Sunset 17
It's always a good plan to get your plants from Ethan. Instead of bombarding his email with questions , I'm looking forward to harassing him in person next weekend myself. :D :D :ugeek: :ugeek:

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:41 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login