• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

Wanted: Cal Red peach scion

Postby 284 International » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:57 am

284 International

Climate Zone: USDA 9
i have been tasked by my girlfriend to get her a Cal Red peach growing in my little orchard. I cannot find anyone with a complete tree, so will graft one onto an existing tree. Does anyone have one of these? Thank you in advance.

Re: Wanted: Cal Red peach scion

Postby Axel » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Axel
Site Admin

Climate Zone: 12b/H2 & 10b/S23
It shows up every year at the local scion exchange. You'll have to wait until this Winter anyway to graft.
Tropical gardening in both Kaua'i windward Sunset H2/USDA 12b and Fallbrook Sunset 23/USDA 10b.

Re: Wanted: Cal Red peach scion

Postby 284 International » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:53 pm

284 International

Climate Zone: USDA 9
Axel, thank you for the prompt response. I'm aware that I will have to wait until dormancy to graft, but I didn't know if there were any scions available. If I can get some, then I will make plans and arrangements in that direction. My preference would be to plant a young tree, but it seems impossible to locate. Thank you again.

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:29 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login