• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

Wanted: Duke avocado seeds

Postby kingoceanos » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:10 am

kingoceanos

Climate Zone: USDA Zone 8B
Hi, The "Duke" avocados are in season at the Chaffin family farm. http://www.chaffinfamilyorchards.com/where-to-buy/
If anyone is going to the farmers market and buying any of the duke avocados, I would like to purchase some of the seeds. They are supposed to be a very cold hardy type.
Thank you.

Re: Wanted: Duke avocado seeds

Postby jbclem 9b Topanga » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:19 am

jbclem 9b Topanga
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: USDA 9b
I'd also like to have some Duke seeds. I sent the Chaffin orchards an email a few years ago, asking if they would supply me with some Duke seeds, but they never answered. This might be a better time to try that again.

Postby kingoceanos » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:43 am

kingoceanos

Climate Zone: USDA Zone 8B
I tried to order, but they refused to ship them, stated the fruit would go bad before they got to me. I might try again, after all the seeds are the most important thing, although I would like to try the fruit.
Good luck

Postby jbclem 9b Topanga » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:34 pm

jbclem 9b Topanga
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: USDA 9b
I wonder if you could find the names of some of the markets that carry Duke avocados...perhaps someone at a market could save some seeds and send them. You could offer a SASE so it wouldn't be a burden to the person.

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:03 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login